Dissertation Writing Lessons: Methodology Section
The methodology section of your paper is meant to show how you collected data and how that data was used to arrive at desired conclusions. It is this section that introduces the most unique details to the world of academics. It is therefore highly scrutinized when the panelists are reviewing your paper. This being an intricate section of your paper is enough reason to get dissertation help.
But why is the methodology section so important in academic writing?
- The section is used to inform readers how data used in making conclusions was obtained. This demands that the method used and the data obtained should tally. Through experience, certain methods can only result in particular conclusions.
- The methods used and the conclusions made will determine the legitimacy of your paper. If experienced researchers cast doubt on the methods used, they will question the conclusions, leading to the discrediting of your paper.
- The section gives a justification for the methods used in obtaining and analyzing data. Experts offering online dissertations insist on the use of the best methods to avoid casting of aspersions on your work. If researchers find a method of data collection or analysis that would have produced better results, they will question your insights on the paper.
- It is an opportunity to discuss the problems that you anticipate and the solutions you propose. Dissertation help online saves you from the trouble of worrying about the rules of data collection and formulating the methodology. For instance, you must indicate valid problems and reasonable solutions. The definition is subjective and your supervisor or the panel might not buy that idea.
With such pitfalls waiting along your path in the process of writing, you need insights to make your methodology compelling. Here are tips by expert dissertation services on how to approach the methodology and make it a strong pillar in your writing process.
- Give a general approach to your research- the methodology follows your literature review. As such the methodology will only be justified when you provide a context to your writing. Identify the methodology elements you are supposed to address including the rationale, sampling issues and justification, among others. Avoid being ambiguous because you will lose the reader in the process. Custom dissertation writing services will assist you in crafting the methodology.
- Make your results reproducible- it is normal for people to cast doubts on your work. Your responsibility is to give them an opportunity to verify. This is regarded as reproducibility. Describe your method in such a way that anyone with doubts regarding your work can reproduce the results you obtained. Get samples from agents offering dissertation assistance online to enable you craft a strong and verifiable methodology.
- Justification- the basic role of the methodology section is to justify your choices in data collection and analysis. In your deliberations, you must provide a strong justification for these choices. This is especially important when you have chosen non-standard methods of conducting research. Writing services will assist you to provide a strong justification.
- Validity and reliability- you must discuss the reliability of methods used in data collection and analysis. Reliable methods are always consistent and will not produce different results when used by another person. They must be accurate, precise, statistically significant and free of errors.
The methodology section will either make or break your paper. It is your description that will justify the steps taken and conclusions arrived at. You need to be consistent in your description and also follow professional that is universally accepted. Use methods that apply in your discipline for the work to be credible.